It's important to us that you know how to control your privacy, so we also show you where you can manage your information in the settings of the Swipte Products you use. You can update the settings to shape your experience.
Read the full policy below.
What information do we collect?
The information we collect and process about you depends on how you use our Products. For example, we collect different information if you sell furniture on Marketplace than if you post a shopping review on Swipte. When you use our Products, we collect some information about you even if you don't have an account.
Here's the information we collect:
Your activity and information you provide
On our Products, you can send messages, take photos and videos, buy or sell things and much more. We call all of the things you can do on our Products "activity." We collect your activity across our Products and information you provide, such as:
- All Content you create, like posts, comments or Audios and more.
- Content you provide through our camera feature or your camera roll settings, or through our voice-enabled features.
- Messages you send and receive, including their content, subject to applicable law. We can't see the content of end-to-end encrypted messages unless users report them to us for review.
- Metadata about content and messages, subject to applicable law
- Types of content you view or interact with, and how you interact with it.
- Apps and features you use, and what actions you take in them.
- Purchases or other transactions you make, including credit card information, shipping nformation and more. .
- Hashtags you use.
- The time, frequency and duration of your activities on our Products.
- Your financial information as much as our third party lenders needs, if you request for lending products or more related usages.
- Searches you made about a product or service.
Information with special protections
You might choose to provide information about your religious views, political views, who you are "interested in" (which could reveal your sexual orientation) or your health in your Swipte profile fields or life events. This and other information (such as racial or ethnic origin, philosophical beliefs or trade union membership) could have special protections under the laws of your country.
Friends, followers and other connections
Information we collect about your friends, followers and other connections
We collect information about friends, followers, groups, accounts, Selling pages and other users and communities you’re connected to and interact with. This includes how you interact with them across our Products and which ones you interact with the most.
Information we collect about contacts
We also collect your contacts’ information, such as their name and email address or phone number, if you choose to upload or import it from a device, like by syncing an address book.
If you don’t use Swipte Products, or use them without an account, your information might still be collected.
Learn how to upload and delete contacts on Swipte, or how to connect your device's contact list on Swipte.
Information we collect or infer about you based on others’ activity
- We may suggest a friend to you through Swipte’s People You May Know feature if you both appear on a contact list that someone uploads.
- We take into account whether your friends belong to a group when we suggest you join it.
App, browser and device information
We collect and receive information from and about the different devices you use and how you use them.
Device information we collect and receive includes:
- The device and software you’re using, and other device characteristics. See examples.
- What you’re doing on your device, like whether our app is in the foreground or if your mouse is moving (which can help tell humans from bots)
- Identifiers that tell your device apart from other users’, including Family Device IDs. See examples.
- Signals from your device. See examples.
- Information you’ve shared with us through device settings, like GPS location, camera access, photos and related metadata.
- Information about the network you connect your device to, including your IP address. See more examples.
- Information about our Products’ performance on your device. Learn more.
- Information from cookies and similar technologies.
Information from Partners, vendors and third parties
What kinds of information do we collect or receive?
We collect and receive information from Partners, measurement vendors and third parties about a variety of your information and activities on and off our Products.
Here are some examples of information we receive about you:
- Your device information
- Websites you visit and cookie data, like through Social Plugins or the Meta Pixel.
- Apps you use.
- Games you play.
- Purchases and transactions you make.
- Your demographics, like your education level.
- The ads you see and how you interact with them.
- How you use our Partners’ products and services, online or in person.
Partners also share information like your email address, cookies and advertising device ID with us. This helps us match your activities with your account, if you have one.
We receive this information whether or not you’re logged in or have an account on our Products.
How do we collect or receive this information from partners?
Partners use our Business Tools, integrations and Swipte Audience Network technologies to share information with us.
These Partners collect your information when you visit their site or app or use their services, or through other businesses or organisations they work with. We require Partners to have the right to collect, use and share your information before giving it to us.
What if you don’t let us collect certain information?
Some information is required for our Products to work. Other information is optional, but without it, the quality of your experience might be affected. You can manage the information you provide in swipte settings any time unless you are using a product that needs specific information to be updated.
How do we use your information?
We use information we collect to provide a personalized experience to you, including ads, along with the other purposes we explain in detail below.
For some of these purposes, we use information across our Products and across your devices. The information we use for these purposes is automatically processed by our systems. But in some cases, we also use manual review to access and review your information.
To use less information that’s connected to individual users, in some cases we de-identify or aggregate information. We might also anonymize it so that it no longer identifies you. We use this information in the same ways we use your information as described in this section.
Here are the ways we use your information:
To provide, personalise and improve our Products
We use information we have, including any information with special protections you choose to share, to provide and improve our Products. This includes personalising features, content and recommendations, such as your Swipte streampage , Stories and ads. We don’t use profile fields about religious views, political views or who you’re “interested in” to show you ads.
To promote safety, security and integrity
We use information we collect to help protect people from harm and provide safe, secure Products.
Here are some ways we promote safety, security and integrity. We work to:
- Verify accounts and activity
- Find and address violations of our terms or policies. In some cases, the decisions we make about violations are reviewed by the Oversight Board. They may use information we have when they review our decisions. Learn more about how the Oversight Board processes information.
- Investigate suspicious activity.
- Detect, prevent and combat harmful or unlawful behaviour.
- Identify and combat disparities and racial bias against historically marginalised communities
- Detecting and preventing spam and other bad experiences.
- Detect when someone needs help and provide support.
- Detect and stop threats to our personnel and property.
- Maintain the integrity of our Products.
To provide measurement, analytics and business services
Lots of people rely on our Products to run or promote their businesses. We help them measure how well their ads and other content are working.
To provide measurement and analytics services, we use the information we collect about you across your accounts on our Products.
Our measurement and analytics services help our Partners understand things like:
- How many people see and interact with their content, including posts, videos, Pages, listings, Shops and ads (including those shown through apps using Audience Network)
- How people interact with their content, websites, apps and services.
- What types of people interact with their content or use their services
To communicate with you
We communicate with you using information you've given us, like contact information you've entered on your profile.
We communicate with you in a few different ways. For example:
- We send messages about the Products we know you use, using the email you register to your account.
- Depending on your settings, we send marketing communications about Products you might like.
- We ask you to participate in research based on things like how you use our Products.
- We let you know about our policies and terms of service.
- When you contact us with questions, we reply to your email.
- We facilitate customer support communications with you when you've told us, either directly or through a third party, that you have questions or concerns about our Products
To research and innovate for social good
We use information we have, information from researchers and datasets from publicly available sources, professional groups and non-profit groups to conduct and support research.
We research and innovate to help people around the world. Our goals include:
- Contributing to social good and areas of public interest.
- Advancing technology.
- Improving safety, health and well-being.
How is your information shared on Swipte Products or with Integrated Partners?
When you have a Swipte account we share some of your information to merchants, other users and our third party vendors and service providers like below:
- When you share an experience post with others.
- Create short videos or images.
- Create unboxing.
- Add information on your profile.
- Your profile pictures.
- Your contact and shipping addresses info if you order delivery.
- We share your financial information to the lender institutions if you apply for a loan to get your approval and other purposes.
Some of your activity
People and businesses can also see some of your activity on our Products. This includes when you:
- Comment on or react to others’ posts
- Engage with ads or other sponsored or commercial content, like by commenting or liking
- Allow content you've shared about a product in a Shop to be shared across our Products
- View their story .
When you’re active
Some of our Products might provide you with settings that allow others to see when you're active on our Products, such as “active status.” In some cases, we also offer settings that allow others to see when you’re active in a particular section of one of our Products, like a message thread, game or event, or when you last used one of our Products.
What can be shared when you do shopping
There is some essential information that has to be shared with the merchants that you shop from to not only handle your orders but also enhance your shopping experience. Here you can find what information can be shared in a shopping process.
- Your profile picture.
- The instructions that you add to orders.
- Your shipping address.
- Number of times you order from the merchant.
- Your contact information.
- And more information.
How secure we are
We design our systems with your security and privacy in mind.
- We work to protect the security of your personal information during transmission by using encryption protocols and software.
- We follow the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) when handling credit card data.
- We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage, and disclosure of customer personal information. Our security procedures mean that we may ask to verify your identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- Our devices offer security features to protect them against unauthorized access and loss of data. You can control these features and configure them based on your needs.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computers, devices, and applications. We recommend using a unique password for your account that is not used for other online accounts. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
Are Children Allowed to Use Swipte Services?
Swipte does not sell products for purchase by children. We sell children's products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may use our Services only with the involvement of a parent or guardian. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 without the consent of the child's parent or guardian.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to use Swipte Services, your use and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Conditions of Use , including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and application of the law of the state of Washington. If you have any concern about privacy at Swipte, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it. Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice will change also. You should check our websites frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.